USB MIDI, any date?

radias

Hi Paul.

Is there any date when USB MIDI arrives for Teensy 4.0? Even a Beta would be better than how it is now.

I am really stuck at a point in my project, where USB MIDI is needed.
Up to now I use a 32u4 as SPI slave USB co-processor, but that is really a disgrace.

I've already tried to hack RAWHID as MIDI, but for some reason it does not work longer than a few seconds. Looks like some overrun/congestion lockup.
Trying to program USB MIDI from scrtch interferes with the Teensyduino "Blackbox", so it does not always compile in Teensyduino and if it does, it runs for an unpredictable legth of time until Teensy 4.0 locks up completely. So that is not a viable option.

Planning to work on this and the other missing USB functionality starting Nov 25. We're doing updates to the website right now, and then I'm traveling next week, so I won't be getting any serious work into this until I return.

USB serial still has a known bug with receiving. So if I do a quick USB MIDI update (for an early 1.49 beta), initially it'll be transmit only. I'm not eager to do MIDI receive until the USB serial receive code is fixed.

oh, I was wondering why the option for USB MIDI didnt show up! thank you for this post. I'm eager for USB MIDI so I can start using my teensy 4.0 as a proper synthesiser :)

Back