ILI9341 connections to Audio Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

daspuru

Hi all!!

I compiled the breakouttouchpaint example from the optimized ILI9341_t3 using the audio board, and I see the following behavior in my display: Apparently the render routines are working fine, but I am not able to get touch information, and I see little red dots rendering in the bottom of the display (please see image below), and if I increaste the MINPRESSURE constant I see less dots, I suspect this is a hardware issue, does anyone with experinece can help me? here's the picture:

IMG_4506.jpg

Thanks a lot!!

Daniel

Last edited:
Hi Michael, thanks for answering. I managed to compile one test and edited the post above with an image. Please read the text again, the problem has changed.

Thanks again!!

Actually I see this lines of code in the example:

Code:
// These are the four touchscreen analog pins
#define YP A2  // A2 must be an analog pin, use "An" notation!
#define XM A3  // A3 must be an analog pin, use "An" notation!
#define YM 5   // 5 can be a digital pin
#define XP 4   // 4 can be a digital pin

However, I see no connections are made in A2, neither A3 or the named pins of the Teensy, then the initialization of the "ts" instance object of the TouchScreen class uses this constant information, maybe I am missing something regarding the touchscreen?

Thanks.

On the displays like PJRC ili9341 commonly used - the touch is through an SPI controller XPT2046 on the display. Example would be : ...\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\XPT2046_Touchscreen\examples\TouchTest\TouchTest.ino

If there are only SPI labeled pins - including a subset for 'touch' on the display and they are connected - to SPI and unique CS - that should work. If the PCB is marked otherwise then it would take another touch driver and analog pin connects to feed that AFAIK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back