Teensy 4.0 12mbps to use HID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trip

Good afternoon,

I would like to use a different USB type on the teensy 4.0 but the option is not available. I Read that it does not function yet on the teensy 4.0 because of the 480mbps speed. Is there a way to dial USB speed down to 12mbps and be able to change USB type . I dont care that much about the speed in this project but more about USB host, small size and HID support. I tried changing the config file in Arduino to allow for the HID options it appears in the menu but it says its missing libraries with even the basic examples.

The issue with supporting different USB types on the T4 is not because it can run at higher speeds like at 480mbps, it is because it is a complete different hardware and software setup for USB support on the T4 then what the T3.x systems have. As such it requires a different code base.

So far @Paul has released code that works for USB Serial. I know that he is getting closer to releasing additional support, as I have seen code changes up on his GITHUB cores project, which shows adding the descriptors in and it appears like the beginning of Raw Hid support, but I believe he is still needing to finish some of the extra glue needed to make these work.

But again hopefully some time soon (like maybe within the next month or two) he will have it sufficiently completed, that we can have our first Teensyduino Beta build with this support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back