Error when trying run teensyduino on linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterS

Hi,
I have been using Teensyduino add-on with arduino 1.8.1 for several years. I decided to start using the latest version of arduino. I downloaded version 1.8.10 from the arduino web site. I installed arduino with no problems. I then downloaded Teensyduino add-on version 1.48. I then tried to run the program but I get the following error 'additional MIME types required'.
My computer uses Ubuntu 18.04.
-PeterS

Maybe you're trying to have your browser try to do something automatically? Hard to know since we can't see your screen and we don't know exactly what you're doing. But that's my guess, that your browser doesn't know it's supposed to be saved to a file which it then run as an executable.

Saw it to a file. You might need to right-click the link for a way to save it, if your browser is determined to do the wrong thing.

Then in a terminal, use "chmod 755 TeensyduinoInstall.linux64" to make the file executable. Then run it with "./TeensyduinoInstall.linux64".

Solved problem

Maybe you're trying to have your browser try to do something automatically? Hard to know since we can't see your screen and we don't know exactly what you're doing. But that's my guess, that your browser doesn't know it's supposed to be saved to a file which it then run as an executable.

Saw it to a file. You might need to right-click the link for a way to save it, if your browser is determined to do the wrong thing.

Then in a terminal, use "chmod 755 TeensyduinoInstall.linux64" to make the file executable. Then run it with "./TeensyduinoInstall.linux64".

Thanks that solved the problem. -PeterS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back