20W I2S Audio Amplifier Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfvalvo

That device looks perfect. Why do you think it’s unobtanium? It shows 862 in stock, and $22 seems fair.

Maybe you are confused by the US decimal point?

Last edited:
That device looks perfect.
It does, just as I mentioned.

Why do you think it’s unobtanium? It shows 862 in stock, and $22 seems fair.
* There's no "buy" button on the web site I linked.

* I've entered an RFQ on the web site --- no reply.

* I've sent multiple emails to their "Customer Service" and "Tech Support" addresses --- no reply.

* A Technical Rep for ISSI (who I know through work) told me that Components-Shop.com is not an official distributor for them. She's currently seeing if anything is available proper through channels (even though this is a G-job).

* Digi-Key shows no stock and my RFQ is still pending.

* Mouser and Arrow don't even list this Eval Board. Although, they do show the chip.

* Amazon and eBay searches returned no hits.

I'm open to suggestions.

Last edited:
What feature is it that's driving the selection for this chip in particular? Perhaps a codec + class D amp solution would work for you?

Alternatively, the datasheet for the eval board provides a BOM and board layout that looks pretty easy to clone if you're not able to order it through a distributor.

What feature is it that's driving the selection for this chip in particular? Perhaps a codec + class D amp solution would work for you?
I already have that. Now I'm looking for an integrated, digital-to-the-final-chip solution.

Alternatively, the datasheet for the eval board provides a BOM and board layout that looks pretty easy to clone if you're not able to order it through a distributor.
Already thought of that. But, fabbing the PWB and buying the BoM for a onesie-twosie production run would probably cost more than I'm interested in spending. I'd buy an over-priced, but pre-tested, EVB from TI first.

Here's what I found and ordered: http://store.sure-electronics.com/product/AA-AB32255. It looks promising. The TI chip appears capable but quite complex. It has significant Audio DSP abilities that are customized via TI's proprietary software. But, I need none of that and it's claimed the board will simply do what I need right out of the box. Will report back on how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back