ADC recommendation for 15-16bit DC voltage measurements + teensy support

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatheround

Can anyone recommend an ADC with at least 15 bits of resolution that would be decent at accurately measuring slowly changing DC voltages.. from 0-200Hz.

Would be great if the ADC could measure up to 5V without having to scale the input voltage. surface mount isn't an issue. 2 channels or more.

Would also need to have a good teensy compatible library. accurate internal vref would be nice for low parts count, but not a deal breaker.

I'm sure there a bunch of other ADC specs I'm not familiar with so this is probably a vague request, but I'll do my best to answer any follow up questions.

The library examples compile for me for all 32 bit Teensy boards.

You should know in advance that it is relatively easy to destroy these units by setting the gain too high or ... uhm... feeding the card reverse polarity. Don't ask how I know ;)

The library examples compile for me for all 32 bit Teensy boards.

You should know in advance that it is relatively easy to destroy these units by setting the gain too high or ... uhm... feeding the card reverse polarity. Don't ask how I know ;)

Hah! Thanks! Yes, I see you can't go over VDD+.3V in the datasheet. You also can't measure lower than +.256V as well.. interesting. I guess this is a good time for me to learn about clamping circuits (zener diodes?) to protect going beyond those limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back