Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: ADC recommendation for 15-16bit DC voltage measurements + teensy support

ADC recommendation for 15-16bit DC voltage measurements + teensy support

Can anyone recommend an ADC with at least 15 bits of resolution that would be decent at accurately measuring slowly changing DC voltages.. from 0-200Hz.

Would be great if the ADC could measure up to 5V without having to scale the input voltage. surface mount isn't an issue. 2 channels or more.

Would also need to have a good teensy compatible library. accurate internal vref would be nice for low parts count, but not a deal breaker.

I'm sure there a bunch of other ADC specs I'm not familiar with so this is probably a vague request, but I'll do my best to answer any follow up questions.

Hello,

look at this:

https://www.adafruit.com/product/1085

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by larry_berlin View Post
    Hello,

look at this:

https://www.adafruit.com/product/1085

Best regards
    Hi Larry, that part actually looks pretty ideal - especially if that library works without issues with the teensy.

If I'm using an external ADC then I guess I won't have access to all of the nice functions Paul has provided like "analogReadAveraging" and stuff right?

The library examples compile for me for all 32 bit Teensy boards.

You should know in advance that it is relatively easy to destroy these units by setting the gain too high or ... uhm... feeding the card reverse polarity. Don't ask how I know

Quote Originally Posted by ETMoody3 View Post
    The library examples compile for me for all 32 bit Teensy boards.

You should know in advance that it is relatively easy to destroy these units by setting the gain too high or ... uhm... feeding the card reverse polarity. Don't ask how I know
    Hah! Thanks! Yes, I see you can't go over VDD+.3V in the datasheet. You also can't measure lower than +.256V as well.. interesting. I guess this is a good time for me to learn about clamping circuits (zener diodes?) to protect going beyond those limits.