MicroDexed Teensy 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

tele_player

Just got finished wiring. Works great.

Thanks, Holger!

B5FFE2BE-C1B8-403F-B1A7-5A693F51446C.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for showing! The "dev" branch supports already T_4.0. But it will take some time to finish all the changes for the new version (including dual/split mode for the T_4.0).

Regards, Holger

I made a slight effort to build the dev code, but there's some kind of conflict or dependency, I'll try to figure it out tomorrow.

Latest update...

My first attempt at MicroDexed with T4 (using PT8211) worked great, except for occasional glitches in the audio, which I suspect were caused by my sloppy wiring between T4 and PT8211; there are warnings about avoiding wires for this...

So, I decided to rebuild, using a Teensy Audio Board mounted directly atop the T4. (Yes, I got the Rev.D).
Changed config.h to use Teensy Audio, got it working using USB MIDI.

Latency is much worse, unplayable.

In the MicroDexed code (config.h):
// ATTENTION! For better latency you have to redefine AUDIO_BLOCK_SAMPLES from
// 128 to 64 in <ARDUINO-IDE-DIR>/cores/teensy3/AudioStream.h

Note: I didn't do that using PT8211, and latency was acceptable (using DIN MIDI or USB MIDI).

Now I've got a T4 with Teensy Audio Board irrevocably attached, that I really don't like.

Holger, do you see a latency difference between Teensy Audio Board and PT8211?

Latest update...

My first attempt at MicroDexed with T4 (using PT8211) worked great, except for occasional glitches in the audio, which I suspect were caused by my sloppy wiring between T4 and PT8211; there are warnings about avoiding wires for this...

So, I decided to rebuild, using a Teensy Audio Board mounted directly atop the T4. (Yes, I got the Rev.D).
Changed config.h to use Teensy Audio, got it working using USB MIDI.

Latency is much worse, unplayable.

In the MicroDexed code (config.h):
// ATTENTION! For better latency you have to redefine AUDIO_BLOCK_SAMPLES from
// 128 to 64 in <ARDUINO-IDE-DIR>/cores/teensy3/AudioStream.h

Note: I didn't do that using PT8211, and latency was acceptable (using DIN MIDI or USB MIDI).

We changed the handling of the audio queue, so this is perhaps not necessary anymore.

Now I've got a T4 with Teensy Audio Board irrevocably attached, that I really don't like.

Holger, do you see a latency difference between Teensy Audio Board and PT8211?

I currently have no T_4.0 running. I fact I got some T_4.0 yesterday, but I havn't time to test -p erhaps around xmas. Currently two users reported that it works with T_4.0. I made some bigger changes for the audio queue the last days/weeks (which work with a T_3.6). Perhaps you should checkout 5a0a155f74 and try again.

Regards, Holger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back