extend Queue object for Teensy 4.0 to more blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DD4WH

There was a need for more audio blocks to be queued in my Teensy 4.0 SDR project in order to use larger FFT sizes for steeper filtering [I needed 64 blocks of 128 samples at each time for processing].

So I modified:

record_queue.h and record_queue.cpp in the audio lib which have the hard-coded restriction of 53 blocks.

Would it make sense to increase the number of blocks permanently in the next version of Teensyduino for the Teensy 4.0 ? Memory is not a serious issue for the T4.0 with 64 blocks. [AFAIK the AudioMemory uses DMAMEM in T4 ?]

If yes, I could try to do a pull-request (if my git skills allow that, not sure . . .)

There was a need for more audio blocks to be queued in my Teensy 4.0 SDR project in order to use larger FFT sizes for steeper filtering [I needed 64 blocks of 128 samples at each time for processing].

So I modified:

record_queue.h and record_queue.cpp in the audio lib which have the hard-coded restriction of 53 blocks.

Would it make sense to increase the number of blocks permanently in the next version of Teensyduino for the Teensy 4.0 ? Memory is not a serious issue for the T4.0 with 64 blocks. [AFAIK the AudioMemory uses DMAMEM in T4 ?]

If yes, I could try to do a pull-request (if my git skills allow that, not sure . . .)

Yes, definitely!

As I usually use most ram for data queue, I modified recordQueue to use Template arguments and include class implementation in an include file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back