Teensey 3.6 Native USB Host

Status
Not open for further replies.

xman4242

Good morning all! I am trying to determine a library to use with the teensey 3.6 USB. I don't want to use the host shield for space reasons. I am struggling to find one that works with Xbox remotes and/or PS remotes. Does the USB Host Shield library support native USB? Thanks in advance.

@xman4242 - looking at this page shows what is needed for T_3.6's host function hardware connect: https://pjrc.com/store/cable_usb_host_t36.html

Other cables the same - but that gets the hardware Native USB Host to a usable connection to plug in a simple device or to a Hub ( ideally powered to drive high current devices ). The USB Host device is on the Teensy processor and the T_3.6 board has some needed power control hardware to provide robust function - as long as the attached device can share and work off the power provided to the T_3.6.

Given that hardware connectivity the indicated USBHost_T36 provides the software library that is common to T_3.6 and the T_4. The smaller T4 board doesn't have the robust support chips the T_3.6 does - and the Host pads are underside not brought out the same. This is noted because during the Teensy 4.0 beta there was a great deal of work and progress on USB Host support - so anything that works on one works on the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back