Teensy 4: pin on/off, which functions and how should we connect it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFTLCDCyg

Regarding the pin on / off:
- Which functions has? And what is the correct way to connect it?
- Can it be used similarly to the teensy 3.6 Reset pin?

As far as I know, the only way to connect it is to connect it with a push button that when pushed, connects to ground (i.e. similar to how the reset or program buttons are in the 3.6).

It isn't quite the same thing as the reset button, but you can use it as one.

On the Teensy 3.6, when you preset reset, it immediately resets the processor.

On the Teensy 4.0, you need to press the on/off button for at least 5 seconds, and then the Teensy will turn itself off. Once you lift the button after the 5 second push, the Teensy will start from the beginning when you press the button a second time for at least 1 second.

If you have a coin battery connected for the real time clock, the Teensy will remember the state of the on/off button across power interruptions. I.e. if you press the on/off button for 5 seconds and release it, and then turn off the main power, when you restore power, the Teensy will not restart until you press the on/off button for at least a second.

If you don't have a coin battery connected for the real time clock, and interrupt the power, the Teensy will start immediately once power is restored. It didn't matter if you had shutdown the Teensy first by using the on/off button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back