Bootloader Chip for DIY Teensy4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobsplzwin

Hi there,

I am currently working on a project using Teensy4.0. But I kinda need to integrate the Teensy 4.0 dev board into my customized PCB. I read through the doc on the website how to DIY Teensy LC, 3.2, 3.5, 3.6. https://www.pjrc.com/store/ic_mkl02.html.

I've noticed that Teensy 4.0 is using the same bootloader chip as Teensy 3.6, IC_MKL02Z32_QFN16. But Teensy 4.0 seems also to have an external flash memory W25Q16. I'm just wondering does the bootloader chip that is selling on the website would also work for NXP iMXRT1062 MCU, Teensy 4.0 is currently using? Or I would also be required to add the external flash memory W25Q16. Or maybe in the future, is there any chance u guys will post some documentation about how to DIY Teensy 4.0?

It would really appreciate if you could offer some here. I would have a relatively high quantity demand if I can DIY Teensy 4.0.

Regards,
Leo

this post 11/21 speaks to the issue:

PJRC will sell a boot loader chip for 4.0, but probably not until at least mid-2020, maybe later.

Teensy 4.0's bootloader as it exists today does not work with a fresh IMXRT1062 chip, so we can't simply sell you chips with the exact code we're shipping now. That code depends on the 1062's fuses being pre-set by the test fixture we use.

Eventually I will add code to the bootloader to detect a fresh IMXRT1062 chip and automatically set its fuses. But today that code simply does not exist. And *many* other things, like adding the missing USB device types, are a much higher priority, so you can expect this bootloader work to not happen until at least the middle of next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back