teensy audio library and examples are missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyecho

hello,
I am running teensyduino 1.48 on Arduino 1.8.9 on MacOS 10.14.1

I've reinstalled teensyduino several times, and, during the installation process, it lists the teensy audio library as part of what will be installed. When I run the Arduino IDE, the audio examples are not available, and, when managing libraries, it does not show up. Has anyone else had this problem? I'd love to get this library and the examples back.

Thanks for your help!

Tom

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 2.09.18 PM.png

These libs won't be shown in Arduino's "Manage Libraries", because they're written directly into the Teensy platform folder.

You also won't see them in the File > Examples menu when any non-Teensy is selected in Tools > Boards, because they're installed in Teensy's platform specific folder inside Arduino. So make sure you have Teensy selected in Tools > Boards! Then click File > Examples and look for Audio in the menu. It should look like this:

sc.jpg

If that doesn't work, maybe try this beta version. It's meant for testing on MacOS Catalina but should work fine on Mojave.

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/58000-MacOS-10-15-Catalina?p=222972&viewfull=1#post222972

Long-term we're going to move away from the installer on MacOS, because it violates Apple's new notarization requirements. On Macs this all-in-one download with every library already installed will be the way things are in the future.

Thanks for this help! I have had the teensy selected in the tools> boards menu, so I went ahead and installed the teensyduino from the link you shared. Unfortunately, I'm still not seeing audio in the examples. Here are a couple of screenshots:

Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 6.45.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 6.46.00 PM.png

Any chance you have a conflicting library in your Documents/libraries folder? Anything you install there always overrides all the other locations.

Thanks for the quick response, Paul. I don't have a libraries folder in my documents folder. Are you sure that's the directory I should b e looking for?

Are you sure that's the directory I should b e looking for?

I do not know what's wrong here. But I do have another idea that might help give more info.

Click File > Preferences and turn on "Show verbose output during compilation". Then copy this into the code window and click Verify.

Code:
#include <Audio.h>
void setup() {
}
void loop() {
}

Arduino should be a *lot* of info in the small black console area. Scroll up (and perhaps drag the divider to make the console part bigger) until you see the info about the locations of the libraries it actually used.

When I compile it here, this is the info Audio.h:

Code:
Multiple libraries were found for "Audio.h"
 Used: /home/paul/teensy/arduino-1.8.10/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/Audio

and

Code:
Using library Audio at version 1.3 in folder: /home/paul/teensy/arduino-1.8.10/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/Audio

Hopefully it will show you a full pathname of whatever it's finding for Audio.h that isn't Teensy's Audio library.

That confirms you *do* have a libraries folder in Documents.

Look again, it's in Documents/Arduino/libraries/Audio.

You need to move or delete that library, because it's interfering with Arduino finding the one for Teensy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back