Windows 10 is being super flakey about USB type Keyboard / Mouse / Joystick

Status
Not open for further replies.

avisgut

The default Keyboard/Mouse/Joystick is not showing buttons or axes in the "set up game controllers" menu. It worked for one board, then one board lost the axes and just had the buttons and eventually it lost the buttons and now neither Teensy LC board registers buttons or axes on my Windows 10 machine.

However, on a different Windows 10 machine, everything look A-OK.

I had been experimenting with different USB types, but reinstalled Teensyduino to make sure I had all the default files, re-uploaded (successfully) and ran into the same issues.

I went through my USB devices with USBDeview and uninstalled anything I thought was the default joystick or my frankenstein experiements.

What are the trouble shooting steps from here and what is the nuclear option (short of re-installing windows)?

Also tried different cables and different ports.

IDE 1.8.10 / Teensy Loader 1.48

Edit: Just reboot windows. Now one Teensy shows buttons but no axes. WTH is happening?

Edit2: I went through the troubleshooting steps but none of them address this issue.

Last edited:
Restarted in safe mode. Same problem.

HOWEVER: The game controller's axes and buttons show up appropriately in a third-party app (Joystick Gremlin), so this is something weird with Windows specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back