Teensy 3.5 Coding Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I am designing a usb midi controller using a Teensy 3.5 with 12 tactile buttons and 20 rotary encoders (KY-040 no push button). I have no problem physically connecting everything, though I am having a hard time understanding coding and can't decipher the meanings of things. I have attached a chart below which shows the pins that each component is connected to.

I understand it is a lot to ask to write all of this code, though if someone can please write the code for 2 buttons and 2 rotary encoders (with all other variables needed), I can just copy that code to my other components. I very much appreciate your assistance. Thank you!!!

View attachment Teensy 3.5 Routing Chart.pdf

Hello PaulStoffregen,

I am sorry if these seem like duplicates. I do not have a good understanding of how these projects work, so it is hard to tell what is considered a 'duplicate.' I thought that if a project is using different components (analog vs digital) it could be considered a different project, hence needing different coding.

Also, I was not sure which forum to post my project in. I thought that if a project's needs fell in two categories, it could be posted in two categories.

I will do my best moving forward. Thanks.

Btw, any chance you can help me out with this thread?

I replied just now on your main thread.

There are 2 separate issues here... how tech stuff works, and how communicating with humans works. This forum is about DIY electonics. We all know everyone has to start somewhere. Really, we get that. The very best thing you can do to get help here is to show us what you're actually trying. Don't be shy to show a photo and screenshot if something doesn't work. We get this all the time. If you look over the many threads on this forum, we're really good at figuring out what's wrong when you actually show us the code you're running, a screenshot of errors, and photos of what you built. We also do pretty well at just blind guessing, but that's much slower and not nearly so reliable.

Please, do yourself a huge favor and actually run the USB MIDI examples (if you haven't already) and then try to cobble together a program that does what you need by copying and pasting together parts of the different examples. If you get stuck, show us what you really did and what's going wrong. We really are very good at helping here, but you have to take the initiative to run those examples and try stuff and then show us what you tried.

And please, whatever you do, stop creating more threads about the same project. You're only annoying others and hurting yourself by doing that. Instead, actually wire some stuff up to your Teensy 3.5 and run the examples, and then when you ask for help (on the existing thread) you can show us what you actually tried and what's not working about it. I believe you'll be amazed how much we can help if you do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back