Multichannel AudioInputUSB and AudioOutputUSB

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoho

Hi,

An idea has just crossed my mind.
Can I use multiple AudioInputUSB/AudioOutputUSB objects at the same time?
For example, if I will try to use four AudioInputUSB objects and three AudioOutputUSB objects (in an attempt to expose all 8 outputs and all 6 inputs of the CS42448 board to the computer via USB) — will it work? Will the computer see it as several sound cards?

If the multiple objects approach won't work — will an attempt to modify the Teensy's USB audio driver for having more than two channels have a chance?

I suppose with T4 there is enough USB bandwidth to communicate all the channels.

Thanks.

By the way, I don't see other than Serial options in the USB type menu for T4 (for T3.6 there are all kinds of options).

Can I use multiple AudioInputUSB/AudioOutputUSB objects at the same time?

No, it only supports stereo. You can use stereo input and stereo output simultaneously, but only 1 instance of each.

If the multiple objects approach won't work — will an attempt to modify the Teensy's USB audio driver for having more than two channels have a chance?

Yes, it is theoretically possible, if your programming skill and knowledge of USB is good.

I suppose with T4 there is enough USB bandwidth to communicate all the channels.

Indeed, with 12 Mbit/sec USB each stereo channel uses about 18% of the USB bandwidth.

By the way, I don't see other than Serial options in the USB type menu for T4 (for T3.6 there are all kinds of options).

1.49-beta2 has many of the USB types, but not yet audio.

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/58654-Teensyduino-1-49-Beta-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back