PT8211 Audio Kit for T4

Status
Not open for further replies.
By itself, 10 ohms would limit the current to 500ma, assuming 5v supply. But it is part of a pi filter to condition the power supply.

The $3 PJRC kit takes care of this. Great value.

not hot anymore! they dont seem burnt out afterall, but only work (still with poor sound) when i disconnect the clock. this is what happened with teensy+5102. hmm

finally got the chip to make noise on an arduino.. didnt need the resistor/caps. it's the whole 'japanese format' thing lol. hopefully paul will port his library :)

hopefully paul will port his library :)

I don't understand what you mean. PT8211 works great with Teensy 3.2, 3.5, 3.6 and 4.0. PJRC recently revised the $2.65 PT8211 kit to include 2 circuit boards, one with the signals routed for Teensy 3, the other with signals routed for Teensy 4.

What specifically is in need of porting?

Audio isn't supported at all on Teensy LC or the old Teensy 2 boards. Only Teensy LC has any possibility, since the old AVR chips don't have I2S ports. But right now all the dev time is going into so many things for Teensy 4.0.

Ha! Who could possibly expect I would divert engineering time away from the huge list of features people want on Teensy to port code to non-PJRC products? Crazy talk!

But I do occasionally take some time to contribute Teensy's improvements to the Arduino IDE back to Arduino. With so much undone on Teensy 4, that's about the limit of what I will be doing for other boards.

T4 can run two PT8211 simultanously :)

I don't know why poeple try such things and spend hours but don't find the time to read the docs - where they can find the missing parts / "japanese" flags.

Consumerism?

Last edited:
BTW, I've ordered purple boards along with a T4 - OSH told me they'll upgrade to "superswift" . That was mid december.
Boards + T4 still not here :( I hope they are not lost..... it's more than a month ago, now...

BTW, I've ordered purple boards along with a T4 - OSH told me they'll upgrade to "superswift" . That was mid december.
Boards + T4 still not here :( I hope they are not lost..... it's more than a month ago, now...

Wow - that is a long time! I ordered a set of OSH T4 PT8211's Jan 1st and got them in good time this past week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back