Teensy 3.2 died -- 4.0 and MIDI? -- Overnight delivery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synchrony

H5f6xaa.jpg

I've been working hard on a project with my nephew. It's a MIDI instrument that you play with range sensors and and it lights up. We got one completed and it's production ready. We've been playing it for over a week getting ready for a big Christmas production at my church. Works great. My nephew just finished up the second "sensor harp" and delivered it to me. He said he thought he had "erased" the code on the Teensy 3.2, but I'm 99% sure it's dead. No LED. The Ardunio software doesn't see it. I pulled it out of the circuit board -- tried multiple cables. It's dead.

I had bought a Teensy 4.0 only to find out it doesn't do MIDI. I had read somewhere that it would at some point. Does it yet? Is it a firmware upgrade?

If all else fails, if I were to order a 3.2 by UPS RED (or FedEx overnight), could I get it by Saturday?

Sorry for so many questions. This is just so disappointing. I'm pretty sure my nephew fried it, so not blaming Teensy. Just hope we can pull this off.

Thanks.

USB MIDI (device mode) is available for Teensy 4.0 in 1.49-beta3. Get it here:

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/58707-Teensyduino-1-49-Beta-3

Normally USB overnight will deliver the next business day, which would be Monday. They do have an extra-cost Saturday delivery option, which makes an already expensive service much more expensive. And the honest truth is UPS and every other carrier is overly stressed right now with Christmas deliveries, so even though that service should deliver on Saturday, everything about shipping is pretty iffy right now.

If you're anywhere near a Micro Center store, they might have some in stock.

Thanks, Paul. We'll give the 4.0 beta a try. If it doesn't do what we need it to do, we'll live with one harp.

Cheers!

Yeah, checked that first. Fastest I can get it is Monday. And UPS hasn't been very reliable lately... Thanks for looking for me.

The other thought is where do you live? Perhaps there is one of us nearby that has an extra Teensy on hand that could give you the Teensy, and then you do normal shipping to replace it after Christmas. If you wanted to meet me in central MA (I work in Littleton, and live in Ayer), I have a few Teensys available meant for projects some day.

In the Boston Massachusetts area where I live, the Cambridge Microcenter also has 1 Teensy 4.0, and 4 Teensy 3.5's (plus 4 LC's). You-do-it (Needham, MA) may or may not have Teensys (right now, they aren't listing any stock).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back