Real NOOB question on Teensy 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavideITA

Hi all ,

it is the first time I use a Teensy 3.5 ( the board has a custom program in it ) , can somebody let me know how can I download the program to my PC , in order to re-upload it on other Teensy boards ?

Thank you for replying to such a silly question !

Davide

I'm not aware of a method. Perhaps there is, perhaps not.

But from your post, it sounds like you bought a product that uses a Teensy to do a project, but you are balking at paying the developer for more boards. Instead, you want to clone the board, and not pay the developer anything further. I imagine in many of the places that use Teensys in their product, they can't just depend on the sales of just one board to fund the entire process, but instead of spreading the cost of development over many boards being sold.

If you think somebody is charging too high of a price, don't buy a board from them with the intention of ripping them off. Instead create your own version (or hire somebody to do it). Then you can decide whether to sell your version at a lower price, or make the software freely available.

Thank you for your very prompt answers .

I just wanted to program a couple of replacement boards in case the programmed one fails , it was not my intention to rip off anyone !

Thank you for the idea of hiring a developer , I hadn't though about it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back