Teensy 4 probs with >1MB elfs

JarkkoL

I have an issue with >1MB elfs on Teensy 4. If I have >1MB program running on T4 and I want to upload another elf, regardless of the size of the new elf, this upload always fails (gives "Download Error" in Teensy Loader). So I have to hit the "programming button" on T4 and recompile & reupload the program for it to work. I don't know if this is a known issue and it's not that big of a deal, more of an annoyance. Uploading works fine for <1MB elfs.

Thanks, Jarkko

In that >1MB code does Serial In and out work? What version of TeensyDuino is in use?

Perhaps a post of the Verbose Teensy Loader 'Verbose Info' log {under help} would show something?

My first guess is we may have a timing bug, where Teensy Loader might not be waiting long enough for the chip to erase when it's been previously programmed. I did test a full chip upload early in the T4 beta, but it's been a while since those tests.

Can you please give me the .hex and .elf file you're uploading. This forum's advanced editor lets you attach a zip file to your message. Click the "Go Advanced" button if you're using the "Quick Reply" editor, to get the editor which lets you attach a file.

Also, please tell me which operating system and version you're using, so I can be sure to test the same way you're uploading.

Had some problems trying to upload hex & elf, but attached is the project. I'm compiling on Win10 & Arduino IDE 1.8.10 (uploading via Visual Micro also fails), Teensyduino 1.48. This is also using the Audio Adaptor Board (Rev D).

Attachments

• pmf_player_t4_bug.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
Working on this now. Indeed, the problem is a 2.5 second timeout (in Teensy Loader) while waiting for chip erase. It's actually taking 2.8 seconds when previously programmed with this much data.

There's also a bug where it should be displaying "Erasing..." in the progress bar, but changes too soon to "Programming".

Soon I'll publish 1.49-beta4 with the timeout lengthened to 6 seconds, and that status display fixed.

Back