Pins label

Status
Not open for further replies.

RezaLotfalian

Hello,

It's my first time working with boards/controllers. This is a little experiment where multiple thermocouples and MAX6675 amplifiers are to be connected to a Teensy 3.6 board. The IDE is Arduino. Teensy 3.6 has 40 pins labelled (from 0 to 39), and I know how to make the code communicate with those pins. For the rest (pins labelled as GND, 3.3V, R, P, Vb, AREF, VUSB, A10, A11, DA0, DA1, D-, D+, G, DE) I don't know whether/how they could be used. Not even sure whether they are digital or analogue pins. I couldn't find a reference in the website. So, your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Reza

There is lots of information up on the product pages, plus some of the reference pages such as: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/pinout.html
And likewise on the card that comes with the Teensy.

Lots more details in the Reference manuales that you can download from: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/datasheets.html

GND - Are ground pins
3.3v - is 3.3 volts (power)
VUSB - is the voltage that power that comes in over the USB port if plugged in. Somewhere near +5V

A10 and A11 are Analog only pins. As you can see by the color coding on the card.
ARef - is Analog Reference - it can be used to pass in some fixed voltage value <= 3.3v.

R - Reset
P - Program
Vb - Connection for coin cell like battery you can attach here that can keep things like real time clock running, when the rest of system is unplugged.

There are several pins on the T3.6 that are specific to using USB Host Port Capabilities, DP, DM, GND here is GND... +5V Sort of depends on jumper, but is the power that you would give off to some USB device.
You need USB Specific code to access the DP, DM pins

There are some pins that are setup for at some point being able to do hardware debug (DA, DC, DE) - Again mostly not used yet..

It might be helpful if you could post what you want to do, and what parts you have or are contemplating buying. Before jumping in with multiple thermocouples, just hook up one, and learn how to read it. But without knowing exactly what you have, it is hard to say precisely how to hook it up.

Thank you Michael for the suggestion. As you said, I connected one thermocouple and had it working, then added the other thermocouples. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back