Error compiling for board Teensy 4.0 BUT NOT Teensy 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try installing the latest 1.49-beta4 version.

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/58817-Teensyduino-1-49-Beta-4

I loaded your code into Arduino 1.8.10 with Teensyduino 1.49-beta4 and it compiles without any errors (but one minor warning of an unused variable). Here's a screenshot.

sc.png

Perhaps the error you're seeing is simply due to using an older version of the software, maybe from before FastLED was ported to Teensy 4.0?

Similar issue. The version of the IDE shows as supported (1.8.13) when I run the Teensyduino installer. I'm trying to upload the HelloWorld example, so this doesn't depend on much. This is on Windows 10 Home, version 2004.

The behavior is strange. If I verify once, it works, and then the Teensyduino program can burn it. However, if I press the upload button, it says that it can't compile it for Teensy 4.0. After that, verification doesn't work either.

If I switch to Teensy 3.6, verify, then back to Teensy 4.0, I can upload from the IDE once, but after that verify and upload both break unless I switch to some other board, verify, and then switch back to Teensy 4.0. Closing and re-opening the IDE also makes it work, once.

Merely switching to another board and then back is not enough to make it work. The verify step has to happen for the other board.

Board info (just got this from Amazon yesterday):
Code:
BN: Teensy
VID: 16C0
PID: 0483
SN: (null)

Settings:
  • Board: Teensy 4.0
  • USB Type: Serial
  • CPU Speed: 600MHz
  • Optimize: Fast
  • Keyboard Layout: US English
  • Port: COM3 (Teensy) - also tried COM3 Serial (Teensy 4.0), no effect.

Error output:
Code:
Arduino: 1.8.13 (Windows 10), TD: 1.53, Board: "Teensy 4.0, Serial, 600 MHz, Fast, US English"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\Users\User\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=teensy:avr:teensy40:usb=serial,speed=600,opt=o1std,keys=en-us -ide-version=10813 -build-path C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_10178 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_148605 -verbose C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\examples\Teensy\USB_Serial\HelloWorld\HelloWorld.pde

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\Users\User\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=teensy:avr:teensy40:usb=serial,speed=600,opt=o1std,keys=en-us -ide-version=10813 -build-path C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_10178 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_148605 -verbose C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\examples\Teensy\USB_Serial\HelloWorld\HelloWorld.pde

Using board 'teensy40' from platform in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr

Using core 'teensy4' from platform in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr

Detecting libraries used...

Error compiling for board Teensy 4.0.

Last edited:
So it is. I found this thread on Google. I reposted the above in the other thread with further info.

Other
Code:
[URL="https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/62679-Error-on-second-compile-after-Teensyduino-and-Arduino-update"][B]Error-on-second-compile-after-Teensyduino-and-Arduino-update[/B][/URL]
thread getting traction - going to close this ::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back