Teensy 3.2 Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poll

Hi,

are there plans to discontinue the TEENSY 3.2 ?
I just want to be assured about the livespan of the TEENSY 3.2.

thanks in advance,

First, the standard disclaimer: this message isn't a contractual guarantee.

No plans to discontinue Teensy 3.2. It's still *very* popular, even though we're selling Teensy 4.0 at nearly the same price.

We were tentatively planning to discontinue Teensy 2.0 sometime this year. Sales are slow but still steady on those old products. Robin decided to buy more chips, so we should have enough of those old boards to last well into 2022, assuming sales trends continue as they have pretty consistently for the last few years. So it's looking like we won't be discontinuing anything for a while.

Of course, this is all contingent on NXP continuing to supply the chips. We've weathered a few shortages on the MK20 chip over the years, keeping Teensy 3.2 in stock. NXP (formerly Freescale) made some sort of public guarantee on the supply of those chips many years ago. But frankly, those sorts of statements often aren't worth the pixels they're printed on, because they commit nothing about the lead time, stability of pricing, or whether distributors will carry stock. A few years ago, NXP was quoting lead times on new orders at nearly 1 year. The good news is Robin & I have been at this for a long time and we're usually pretty good at recognizing the early warning signs and getting parts far enough in advance to keep the supply of Teensy steadily available. But ultimately the chips are made by NXP.

Again, there are no absolute guarantees. We have a very good history of keeping these boards available for people who still use them, but this message isn't any sort of contractual or legally binding promise.

Thank you for the extended info.

I'm looking for the A14/DAC pin on the Teensy 4.0, but don't find it.
How can I get my analog signal out of the Teensy 4.0 like I do on my Teensy 3.2 ?

Thank you in advance.

There is no DAC. The NXP Chip does not provide a DAC. If you need it for audio, you can use the MQS (Medium Quality Sound) outputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back