Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: AudioInputAnalog pin selection broken at compile time? (Teensy4)

Hybrid View

AudioInputAnalog pin selection broken at compile time? (Teensy4)

Hello, all...

I'm trying to use the documented special constructor for AudioInputAnalog on a Teensy4, whereby I feed it a uint8 to choose which ADC-capable pin it attaches to. Like so....

Code:
    AudioInputAnalog         light_adc(22);  //xy=88.00000381469727,389.0000171661377
    AudioInputAnalog         mic_adc;      //xy=89.00000762939453,422.4285945892334
    Documentation suggests I ought to be able to do this, but GCC fails the build like so...

Code:
    /tmp/arduino_build_647277/sketch/Tricorder-Mk2.ino.cpp.o: In function `AudioInputAnalog::AudioInputAnalog(unsigned char)':
    /opt/Arduino/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/Audio/input_adc.h:38: undefined reference to `AudioInputAnalog::init(unsigned char)'
    /tmp/arduino_build_647277/sketch/Tricorder-Mk2.ino.cpp.o: In function `AudioStream::AudioStream(unsigned char, audio_block_struct**)':
    /opt/Arduino/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy4/AudioStream.h:129: undefined reference to `vtable for AudioInputAnalog'
    Compile works if I leave the constructor without arguments. Compile also works WITH the argument if I target a Teensy3.2, so I think it's a bug in the Teensy4 implementation of Audio.

I am presently working from the github master branch of Audio.

Any help would be appreciated.

---Ian

Ah... nevermind for now. I just read this thread (posted before mine):
    https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/58754...the-Teensy-4-0

I guess even if pin selection didn't fail at compile time, I have no reason to believe it should work yet, but that it is forthcoming.
    I'll work another problem for a few weeks.

Thank you!