Higher Pin-Count Teensy 4.x?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greglink

I'm a huge fan of the Teensy product line, and am always interested in the latest-and-greatest. At the same time, the Teensy 4.0 is the 'small' form factor, and sadly, I need a lot of pins, so currently, I'll have to use the Teensy 3.5/3.6 releases.

Is PJRC working on a higher pin count (longer) Teensy 4.x product line? If so, do we have an ETA on it?

Thanks so much for all of the awesome work,
- Greg

Yes. In fact, it's been discussed here:
https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/58028-Pins-to-bring-out-on-a-hypothetical-larger-Teensy4

No promise on time frame. Obviously we want to start selling any new product as soon as possible. But we always want to get it right, and there are plenty of practical limits on how quickly anything can be (affordably) manufactured.

Excellent. Thanks so much for the information. I'll likely end up starting with the 3.5/3.6, and sleep well knowing that if I actually push the limits, I can come back and hope for a 4.x.

Excellent. Thanks so much for the information. I'll likely end up starting with the 3.5/3.6, and sleep well knowing that if I actually push the limits, I can come back and hope for a 4.x.

Also, if you need up to 16 more pins (or 10 pins plus a micro SD card drive), and can do intermediate soldering, there are various boards that can be made to break out the pins underneath the Teensy or hopefully soon available for purchase:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back