Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Higher Pin-Count Teensy 4.x?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7

    Higher Pin-Count Teensy 4.x?

    I'm a huge fan of the Teensy product line, and am always interested in the latest-and-greatest. At the same time, the Teensy 4.0 is the 'small' form factor, and sadly, I need a lot of pins, so currently, I'll have to use the Teensy 3.5/3.6 releases.

    Is PJRC working on a higher pin count (longer) Teensy 4.x product line? If so, do we have an ETA on it?

    Thanks so much for all of the awesome work,
    - Greg

  2. #2
    Senior Member PaulStoffregen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    21,073
    Quote Originally Posted by greglink View Post
    Is PJRC working on a higher pin count (longer) Teensy 4.x product line?
    Yes. In fact, it's been discussed here:
    https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/58028...larger-Teensy4

    No promise on time frame. Obviously we want to start selling any new product as soon as possible. But we always want to get it right, and there are plenty of practical limits on how quickly anything can be (affordably) manufactured.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulStoffregen View Post
    Yes. In fact, it's been discussed here:
    https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/58028...larger-Teensy4

    No promise on time frame. Obviously we want to start selling any new product as soon as possible. But we always want to get it right, and there are plenty of practical limits on how quickly anything can be (affordably) manufactured.
    Excellent. Thanks so much for the information. I'll likely end up starting with the 3.5/3.6, and sleep well knowing that if I actually push the limits, I can come back and hope for a 4.x.

  4. #4
    Senior Member+ MichaelMeissner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ayer Massachussetts
    Posts
    3,449
    Quote Originally Posted by greglink View Post
    Excellent. Thanks so much for the information. I'll likely end up starting with the 3.5/3.6, and sleep well knowing that if I actually push the limits, I can come back and hope for a 4.x.
    Also, if you need up to 16 more pins (or 10 pins plus a micro SD card drive), and can do intermediate soldering, there are various boards that can be made to break out the pins underneath the Teensy or hopefully soon available for purchase:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •