Teensy 4.0 Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL8OV

I have a possible application where I want to use a Teensy to drive an 8-bit DAC (so the output waveform will have 256 steps). Assuming that the Teensy will be doing nothing else at the time can someone give me an idea of the maximum output frequency I can get? 600 MHz / 256 is about 2.3 MHz but this calculation ignores program execution time after compiling.

A rough guess will be fine.

Thanks

I have a possible application where I want to use a Teensy to drive an 8-bit DAC (so the output waveform will have 256 steps). Assuming that the Teensy will be doing nothing else at the time can someone give me an idea of the maximum output frequency I can get? 600 MHz / 256 is about 2.3 MHz but this calculation ignores program execution time after compiling.

A rough guess will be fine.

Thanks

That's not enough information for guessing.. and it woult be very helpful to know what do you want do achive.
Tell us about your project!

Which dac - which interface - does it need a clock signal.. parallel or serial ..

For timing.. you know that there are some interrupt.. so, you want all disabled? Or, DMA?

And why "/256" ? Because of "256 steps"?
confused.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back