Teensy 3.2 stuck in bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.

janwillemp

Hi,

I have a Teensy 3.2 connected via USB to a Raspberry Pi for general purpose data exchange in our application. When a user would accidentally press the reset button on the Teensy while the serial port is connected and exchanging data, we observe that the serial connection is obviously dropped, but a reconnect doesn't work until the Teensy has been power cycled. Judging by the output of lsusb, it seems that the Teensy gets (stuck) in bootloader mode. Can I do something about this? I know it's not a reset button and the purpose of the button is to get into the bootloader, but it seems as if I may have misconfigured the serial port so the bootloader is now expecting that I upload some new firmware, but I don't have any...

Thanks

That is pretty much the intended purpose of the bootloader button.

It forces the CPU into reset and prepares it for a new software download. This is specifically designed to overcome any user code side shenanigans to make it really really hard to brick a teensy. So nothing you code in the Arduino side is going to change things. It does at least hold of wiping your existing code till it gets got coms with the PC side ap.

The bootloader code is closed so not something you can update with custom behavior so probably the least ugly solution is disabling the button in the way that makes the most sense. You would only need to re-activate it if you load code that does something really unexpected and breaks the software bootloader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back