Teensyduino 1.49 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't it have prompted the installer?

Rezo, you don't need to do anything else. It's all pre-installed in the Teensyduino.app when you unzip it. The instructions haven't been updated for the super easy Catalina install. The main odd
thing, but doesn't really matter is the Application is called Teensyduino in the finder and info but Arduino in it's menu bar. Probably should move it to the Application folder, but it doesn't matter.

Just downloaded 1.49 and installed over 1.48 in arduino-1.8.10, os is Ubuntu-64 18.04.3 LTS
I can not find the QuadTimer library, there is no library with this name and doing a search of the teensy library directory for IRQ_QTIMER only returns uses in the PulsePosition library.
Is this library there and I just can't see it or is it missing from the latest install?

Which Quad Timer Library?

The user @luni has their own library that includes Quad Timer... Mentioned in a current thread:
https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/59112-TeensyTimerTool

PWM uses it for some IO pins...

The ADC Library - current stuff the @pedvide just pulled in Pull request optionally uses a couple of Quad timers (i.e. those not used for IO pins on T4).

Which Quad Timer Library?

The user @luni has their own library that includes Quad Timer... Mentioned in a current thread:
https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/59112-TeensyTimerTool

PWM uses it for some IO pins...

The ADC Library - current stuff the @pedvide just pulled in Pull request optionally uses a couple of Quad timers (i.e. those not used for IO pins on T4).

The one that is mentioned in the 1.49 release notes in the first post of this thread, I assume that it should be included with the 1.49 install.

it is in : ...\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy4\pwm.c

Part of PWM code for analogWrite and analogWriteFrequency

// ...
void quadtimerWrite(IMXRT_TMR_t *p, unsigned int submodule, uint16_t val)
void quadtimerFrequency(IMXRT_TMR_t *p, unsigned int submodule, float frequency)
// ...

Maybe it should be "QuadEncoder" instead of "QuadTimer" ? I think the encoder library is new in 1.49 and not in the news list.

Maybe it should be "QuadEncoder" instead of "QuadTimer" ? I think the encoder library is new in 1.49 and not in the news list.
Yes I believe the update list meant to say QuadEncoder as it was attributed to @mjs513...

Yes I believe the update list meant to say QuadEncoder as it was attributed to @mjs513...

OK, so I'm not going crazy. I see that the QuadEncoder library is new and from some of the above comments I now have some examples on using the QuadTimers on Teensy4.0
Thanks,

Back to lurking mode.

Looks like with Teensyduino 1.49 deafult SD library is having issues. Basic example ReadWrite is now failed to Init SDCard function. I am using Teensy 4.0

Hardware connection is SPI. Pins 11,12,13 and 4 as CS

Teensy_SDerror.jpg

Last edited:
Hard to help debug since we do not know what your hook up is for a sd card reader. Are you hooked up to SPI or using SPI1 etc. Or what your wiring looks like. Did you remember to change the CS pin for the pin you are using?

Hard to help debug since we do not know what your hook up is for a sd card reader. Are you hooked up to SPI or using SPI1 etc. Or what your wiring looks like. Did you remember to change the CS pin for the pin you are using?

Sorry, I missed that out. Post Updated. Hardware connection is SPI. Pins 11,12,13 and 4 as CS.
If I am not wrong I was having this setup working with previous version 1.48. I am going to try that out tomorrow as I also have to downgrade Arduino.

Sorry, I missed that out. Post Updated. Hardware connection is SPI. Pins 11,12,13 and 4 as CS.
If I am not wrong I was having this setup working with previous version 1.48. I am going to try that out tomorrow as I also have to downgrade Arduino.

I just downgrade to Teensyduino 1.48 and SD Card ReadWrite example is working fine. And Same Example same hardware setup it gets SD Card Init failed with Teensyduino 1.49.
Teensy 4.0
Hardware connection is SPI. Pins 11,12,13 and 4 as CS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back