How to read the output from a preprogramed teensy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

saa29

Hi!

So I recently took over a project which uses teensy 3.2. I have to get the experimental setup to work but the issue is, there is no circuit diagram left by my senior and I can't contact him anymore so I have no clue what is connected to what. All I know is, the teensy probably has the program in it. Is there a way to get the program from the teensy or is there a way I can see what output I'm getting when I connect my teensy to my laptop?

Last edited:
If the Teensy is setup to print data out the USB port that will show with a terminal program on USB - the Arduino IDE has such a Serial Monitor program. If the TeensyDuino software is installed after that it offers an improved version to the same end that will show any output presented from the Teensy.

The code on the T_3.2 will not be readable for examination or re-use - so having the source files would be needed for review or changes.

As far as what is connected this forum allows PNG and JPG photos up to 1MB each to be directly posted. Providing images would perhaps allow identification of the devices and connections in place if that might help.

yes. But if you don't have a circuit diagram, it's unlikely that the serial output will tell you much.

Do you at least know what the thing was supposed to do?

Pete

Yes, it's supposed to measure temperature and give the temperature gradient. There are a bunch of thermocouples attached to it. So I tried to connect the teensy to my laptop and opened the arduino ide and the serial monitor. However, the serial monitor refused to open so now I'm not sure why....I didn't mess around with the teensy either so the program must be in there..

I would recomend looking up your senior engineer and inviting him/her out for a drink to discuss this circuit. If he left the company look him up on Linked-in and try to connect there. Try to get a hold of his work PC if possible it has some clues in it. Offer to clean out their desk and you may find the treasure you seek while at it.

Failing all that, I would try to un-engineer his circuit. Look up part numbers on the board and try to determine how it works or make a schematic to get a better understanding of it. Is Teensyduino installed with your Arduino software? Did you try a different Serial monitor that works with your OS (windows/linux/??)

Note: I don't check the mail untill back at work. (Monday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back