T3.6 + audio board glitching at AUDIO_BLOCK_SAMPLES 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

danixdj

Hi, I'm testing my T3.6 and audio adaptor board (rev C) but I have a lot of glitching and digital click if the AUDIO_BLOCK_SAMPLES is set to 64, at 128 works fine.

It's possibile to solve? It's more important to have a less audio_block for me because the audio editing is more fast and responsive.. (low latency).

Thank u

Dani

Hi Dani, what audio objects are you using? I'm using a number of different objects with AUDIO_BLOCK_SAMPLES at 16 for the same reason (low latency) and all running well, Cheers Paul

Hi Dani, what audio objects are you using? I'm using a number of different objects with AUDIO_BLOCK_SAMPLES at 16 for the same reason (low latency) and all running well, Cheers Paul

nothing, I'm testing a code without audio objects and I have the same problem... on macOS Catalina.

Code:
 #include <Audio.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <SPI.h>
#include <SD.h>
#include <SerialFlash.h>

#include <Audio.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <SPI.h>
#include <SD.h>
#include <SerialFlash.h>

// GUItool: begin automatically generated code
AudioInputUSB            usb1;           //xy=156,88
AudioOutputUSB           usb2;           //xy=1128,88
AudioOutputI2S           i2s1;           //xy=1154,165
AudioConnection          patchCord1(usb1, 0, usb2, 0);
AudioConnection          patchCord2(usb1, 0, i2s1, 0);
AudioConnection          patchCord3(usb1, 1, usb2, 1);
AudioConnection          patchCord4(usb1, 1, i2s1, 1);
AudioControlSGTL5000     sgtl5000_1;     //xy=255,232
// GUItool: end automatically generated code

void setup(void) {

sgtl5000_1.enable();
AudioMemory(80);
sgtl5000_1.lineOutLevel(13);
sgtl5000_1.lineInLevel(0);
sgtl5000_1.adcHighPassFilterDisable();
sgtl5000_1.muteHeadphone();

}

void loop(void) {

}

I can confirm that the problem is present on macOS only, in Windows (7 in my test) all works fine!
Any suggestion?

Thank u

Hi danixdj,

I don't have a great amount of USB experience but I have a mac and have looked out a 3.6 - how have you set up/connected the mac and where are you hearing the distortion (headphone on the audio board or through the mac) and I will try to replicate the issue.

There was an earlier issue with usb and mac but I believe it was fixed and not related to sample block size.

how have you set up/connected the mac and where are you hearing the distortion (headphone on the audio board or through the mac)

how have you set up/connected the mac and where are you hearing the distortion (headphone on the audio board or through the mac)

The glitches and digital clip are always present and more evidence by headphone and speaker ..

Tried on a couple of different macOS versions with the same issue as you (glitches at AUDIO_SAMPLE BLOCK 64), nothing obvious /easy mades a difference. Block size lower than 64 sounds worse.

glitch.jpeg

Don't suppose you can just set the block size back to 128?

Many parts of the audio library automatically adapt to different block sizes. But some parts definitely depend on 128 samples. USB audio is one of those parts! If you use those parts which aren't compatible with other block sizes, there is no easy solution. The code depends on 128. The only fix would involve rewriting that audio lib code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back