Teensy 3.5 & BMP280

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get BMP280 to work with my Teensy 3.5. I tried Adafruit BMP280 Library, BMP280_DEV, BMx280MI, I2C-Sensor-Lib.

Connections:
BMP280 -> Teensy 3.5
GND -> GND
VCC -> 3.3V
SCL -> 19
SDA -> 18
Excluding few diodes with appropriate resistors and SD card inserted to Teensy's built-in port there's nothing else connected to Teensy 3.5.

None of the mentioned libraries sees BMP280, and I'm not talking about my code, I'm talking about example codes that go with those libraries (this is also why I'm not posting code, I haven't written any, I just tested example sketched and they don't work). Are those libraries incompatible with Teensy 3.5, if yes, what should I use? Or should I assume my BMP280 is dead (it's brand new)? Perhaps there's something else

I don't see any pin outs on the board - are you sure you have the right connections to sda/scl

Well, if the scanner is not identifying the BMP280 the only possibilities I can think of are:
1. You wiring is wrong - you didn't show the pinouts for the board or your wiring connections
2. You may need larger pullups
3. You have a defective BMP280.

That's about all I can say at this point.

I don't see anything on their website for pin out nor actual picture of your setup. So hard to say what is going on. My guess is wiring issue. but again only guessing

@mjs513, looks like (or at least very similar) to the one he posted.

Again would be good to see pictures of setup. If for nothing else remove issues, like the IO pins were not soldered to the teensy.

Like you mentioned so far I can only guess that wiring is wrong...

I can't get BMP280 to work with my Teensy 3.5. I tried Adafruit BMP280 Library, BMP280_DEV, BMx280MI, I2C-Sensor-Lib.

Connections:
BMP280 -> Teensy 3.5
GND -> GND
VCC -> 3.3V
SCL -> 19
SDA -> 18
Excluding few diodes with appropriate resistors and SD card inserted to Teensy's built-in port there's nothing else connected to Teensy 3.5.

https://components101.com/sensors/gy-bmp280-module says you need CSB to 3v3 for I2C

you could also try SPI mode.

As I said before, I2C on Teensy works. I checked BMP280 with continuity function on my multimeter and it also is soldered properly.

I just found another BMP280. I tested it and it immediately started working. The original BMP280 was broken, there's nothing more to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back