Remote controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

b.gomez

Hello everyone,

First of all, i am a complete rookie and i know barely nothing in any of programming or electronics. So, in advance, excuse my ignorance.

I am building my own working desk and as a sound engineer i would love to have some useful remote controls (Play/pause, Rec, Back to start of session). I can obviously shortcut them all on my computer but i would love to have my own buttons physically implemented in the desk itself. I just need something like 3 or 4 buttons.

I've done some quick researches, and found the Teensy 2.0, which could do what i want to do. The thing is that i want no cable between the desk and my computer case (I got already a big bunch of cables and the less I have, the better it is).

So here are my questions :
1 - Is it possible to configure only 4 buttons to be used as a remote for "complex" shortcuts on my keyboard, or even add these buttons as independent switches that my computer would understand ?
2 - Is there any way to make the Teensy (any of them) work without electrical sector ? Is it possible with a battery ?
3 - Can i make this installation wireless ? Bluetooth, Wifi ?

Thanks everyone,

If the project was not clear, I can try to draw some schematics.

1.not sure. Plug in a second generic keyboard and see if you can trigger the shortcuts you want. If so you could get a teensy todo that.

2. Yes with a battery. How long you get depends on the battery and what your doing.

3. Yes. I know how I would do it but there will be easier ways I’m sure.
2 x treensy’s and 2x nrf24l01 modules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back