Porting LXTeensy3DMX_Library to Teensy 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am trying to build a Artnet node with the LXTeensy3DMX_Library. And whilst the Teensy3ArtNetSACN2Universes_rdm.ino example works perfectly straight out of the box on a teensy 3.2 I would like to make use of the power and extra serial ports on the teensy 4.0.

However, because the libraries are written for the teensy 3.x it won't compile on teensy 4.0. At the moment I am running into the following error:

/Users/xxx/Documents/Arduino/libraries/LXTeensy3DMX_Library/src/LXTeensy3DMX.h:62:21: fatal error: kinetis.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

I saw that LXTeensy3DMX.h and LXTeensy3DMX_common.h include kinetis.h but I guess this is a teensy 3.x specific file since its part of the teensy3 core folder.

This made me realize that the library probably needs to be ported to the teensy 4.0 architecture, but since I have no clue on how to achieve this I am wondering if you guys could give me some pointers on how to do this.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Ps. If you manage to port it for me, I will buy you a beer :D

Cheers!

Attachments

• LXTeensyLibraries.zip
    352 KB · Views: 44
I took a very brief glance at it. You will need to find somebody who is familiar with both the internals for serial ports in the Teensy 3.x and Teensy 4.x microprocessors. Unfortunately, most of the code looks like it directly accesses the hardware and as you have discovered, the Teensy 4.0 is completely different internally than the Teensy 3.x is. I don't delve that deep into the internals, so I can't help you on it. Likely you would need the help of one of the experts that also has the time and hardware available. Or you will need to roll up your sleeves and get out both processor manuals (for the Teensy 3.6 and 4.0) and do it yourself.

Thanks a lot for the pointers @MichaelMeissner. I'll have a look at the processor manuals although my assumption is I won't be getting far. Keeping my hopes up that one of the experts on the forum is willing to help me a little further :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back