FreqMeasure refuses to compile

Status
Not open for further replies.

MakerV

Using both FreqCount and FreqMeasure today for counting pulses from a scintillation detector. I noticed that using FreqMeasure in the sketch showed that library was no longer compatible with
Teensy3.6. - Error, library is incompatible for this board.

Anyone got ideas what's going on FreqMeasure.h?

Just running the FreqMeasure demo sketch shows the same issues in the Arduino compiler. I was using v1.8.10.

Thanks.

Try this : ...\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FreqMeasure\examples\Serial_Output\Serial_Output.pde

Here TeensyDuino is 1.49 and that example is included and it and compiled for Teensy 3.6 it causes no trouble.

Jumped back to IDE 1.8.9 - though that shouldn't be an issue it shows this for the library info in verbose compile console output:

Using library FreqMeasure at version 1.2 in folder: T:\arduino-1.8.9\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FreqMeasure

Perhaps the version of TeensyDuino needs updated - or there is a 'local' copy of that library in sketchbook\libraries?

Nope I couldn't get it to compile under 1.8.9 either...
Trying to get a project finished and this started happening under MacOS 10.15.2 ....
About ready to throw my computer out the window. FreqMeasure does not work at all while Freqcount is just fine.

Nope I couldn't get it to compile under 1.8.9 either...
Trying to get a project finished and this started happening under MacOS 10.15.2 ....
About ready to throw my computer out the window. FreqMeasure does not work at all while Freqcount is just fine.

Odd - pull the plugs and open the window and check below - wouldn't want to damage anything of value. :)

This shouldn't be a Mac versus Windows issue - I'm a Windows user of course … :) - there may be something up with the install process

To offer help what would be needed would be a copy the VERBOSE console output from the IDE so anything shown there can be seen.

Here is the error that continues to persist:
fork/exec /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/tools-builder/ctags/5.8-arduino11/ctags: bad CPU type in executable
Error compiling for board Teensy 3.6.

The library in question is from the most recent form of the library. Java issues?

Lol, your response re: throwing the computer out the window - That'd just mean a forced upgrade. Bombs away!

I tested just now, using Teensyduino 1.50-beta1 running on MacOS 10.15.3.

I set the board to Teensy 3.6, opened File > Examples > FreqMeasure > Serial_Output, and then I clicked Verify. It compiles without any errors. Here's a screenshot, so you can see it worked.

sc.jpg

It definitely does work when the software is installed properly.

This "bad CPU type in executable" probably means your copy of Arduino is corrupted or damaged. It's trying to tell you the "ctags" program is defective. That program is a part of Arduino which runs on your Mac... not anything that runs on Teensy.

Best to delete that copy of Arduino/Teensyduino and download a fresh copy. Either 1.50-beta1 or 1.49 should work.

Yes, indeed the program was completely corrupted. I tried another teensy sketch and sure enough the same error occurred, but not for pure arduino boards which compile without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back