Teensyduino 1.50 Beta #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Paul, here's a weird one. Just downloaded Teensyduino 1.50. I'm running Mac OS Catalina on a Mac Pro. Been working fine with Arduino 1.8.10 & Teensyduino 1.48. First thing I noticed was the Teensyduino Icon isn't the Teensy board icon, its the icon used for Arduino (circle with an infinity symbol) . Next, if I double-click Teensyduino, it launch an Arduino app that's not the one I have installed. Its fully configured for Teensy, and compiles, launched the Teensy Load app, and downloads. Buts its not the Arduino I have installed. Third: its not a .DMG as you normally post. It's a .app file.
Here's a snippet from ps -ef:
1404 1 /private/var/folders/.../d/Teensyduino.app/Contents/MacOS/Arduino
1407 1404 /private/var/folders/cd/28cyp8nj2v92smmbnd6jy4zw0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/3448F712-A8D1-4D31-B96A-4797BF6799B1/d/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/../tools/teensy_ports -J2

Process 1404 shows the Arduino app running in a Tensyduino.app. directory buried in a temp directory (/private/var/folders/... where temp stuff is normal stashed on a Mac).

One more clue is looking into the Teensyduino package I downloaded, I see a stub for Arduino which I don't see in the Teensyduino 1.48.
Teensyduino 1.48.png

Teensyduino 1.50.png

Based on the file sizes, my guess is you copied a configured Arduino 1.8.11 with Teensyduino already installed to your web download page

@tbitson - If I am understanding what you are mentioning. With the new restrictions that Apple put on software, I don't believe PJRC no longer has the ability to patch anything. They must get the whole thing certified some apple process and then the whole thing has to be installed... So the new Apple install includes Arduino...

Re: Teensyduino 1.50 on Mac OS Catalina issue

@tbitson - If I am understanding what you are mentioning. With the new restrictions that Apple put on software, I don't believe PJRC no longer has the ability to patch anything. They must get the whole thing certified some apple process and then the whole thing has to be installed... So the new Apple install includes Arduino...

Thanks KurtE. Been using it for a couple of hours and the Teensy part works OK. I did notice a bug that if you drag the Arduino Serial window to a second monitor, Arduino crashes.

As a side note, I can still download and install Teensyduino 1.48 to Arduino 1.8.11 on Mac OS Catalina. You will have to go to the security control and authorize the install, but it’s been that way for a while.

As long as this was what Paul intended, it works for me. Maybe a note or something on the Teensyduino download page so others know too?

- Tim B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back