Any interest in sf2 single cycle fonts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RABB17

So I've spent the last few days processing the Adventure Kid Single Cycle collection into sf2 files. If anyone is interested I can upload them for everyone's use. Each waveform uses exactly 4.09kb so you can cram roughly 124 voices into the flash on a t4. I took time to bandlimit the original samples so they don't alias. Might be a good addition to the examples.

I'm interested, if you're willing to share. Maybe we could turn this into examples to add in future versions of the library?

I'm interested, if you're willing to share. Maybe we could turn this into examples to add in future versions of the library?

Yes certainly! I will make the entire akwf package available as teensy wavetables sometime tonight. I have quite a few single cycles outside of this, but I need to organize them more coherently :)

Hi RABB17,
I would be interested to know what software you're using to convert the wavetables.
Looking forward to try your waveforms.

Hi RABB17,
I would be interested to know what software you're using to convert the wavetables.
Looking forward to try your waveforms.

Right now I'm just using a program called polyphone(https://www.polyphone-soundfonts.com/en/) You can also use Viena(http://www.synthfont.com/Downloads.html) or any soundfont editor, really. There are quite a few programs you can use to do this. Although oddly enough I haven't come across a DAW that lets you specify timestep in samples...

I'll have the wavetables up here soon, I've been rather busy at work and there is an issue that has come up with the decoded fonts containing extraneous padding at the EOF that I need to look into.

Initially I plan to release the first 120 samples from the AKWF pack, as that's all that will fit into the Teensy 4 flash at the current sample resolution, but I intend to release a number of tutorials that go over creating a more modern wavetable synthesizer that will load presets from the SD card into ram, so there will be a much greater sonic palate.

Hi RABB17!

Any news about this project? I'm about to start a wavetable thingy and this tables would be a good start!

Thanks in advance!

Manatee sorry for the absence! I'll upload my soundfont header files for the adventure kid waveforms sometime today. I've made significant progress regarding wavetable synthesis on the teensy in the past few months but I've also been significantly redesigning the audio library to suit a more commercial product. Rest assured, I will at least completely update available examples sometime soon, I just need to determine what I want to share vs what I want to keep to myself because it's been a bit of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back