Blynk Support for Teensy 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to give this a shout-out on the blog and social media. But I need a picture to do that.

Do you have any photos of the hardware actually running (like with one of those devices wired up to a Teensy 4.0)?

I just write the library to provide Blynk support for T4 per request from Blynk forum members. I just tested it working OK with a Blynk (GUI) sample project, not a real-life project yet.

But hereafter are the attached pictures

T4_Blynk_Irrigation.jpg

T4_Blynk.png

Teensy40.jpg

Attachments

• Teensy4_ESP8266_AT.png
    Teensy4_ESP8266_AT.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Update Feb 7th 2020

BlynkTeensy libraries v1.0.0 just got included into Arduino Library Manager.
Now you can install this library directly from Arduino Library Manager.

Blynk_Teensy_v1.0.0.png

Thanks for creating this, as a beginner it's allowed me to get my Teensy 3.5 connected to Blynk quickly and easily.

Could I ask, do you have any examples of simple reconnection code? I was using the WiFi Manager previously to take care of reconnections but I'm not sure how to handle them using your modified library?

My project will be in a remote location so anything I can do to make it reconnect on lost connection (for whatever reason) would be perfect.

Thanks for your interest in the library. I haven't looked at this library quite a long time as I didn't expect anybody would use it anymore. So glad it's still be somehow helpful to you.

The better library to use now for Teensy with ESP8266-AT command shield is this Blynk_Esp8266AT_WM Releases v1.0.4.
I don't remember why I dropped the Teensy's support from v1.0.5+. But I definitely will have a look to restore the Teensy support if it's still being used.

The auto-reconnection of WiFi/Blynk has been introduced since v1.0.0. Please have a look at

Release v1.0.0

Good Luck with your project,

I would be very grateful if you could reintroduce teensy support in that library, I was excited to find it until I read you'd removed support.

Sorry for the delay.

The latest version Blynk_Esp8266AT_WM Library v1.1.0 restores the support for Teensy using ESP8266/ESP32-AT command shields. You have to use Teensy core v1.51 in order to be able to open Config Portal.

The library currently supports multi-WiFi Credentials and auto-reconnection to WiFi as well as Blynk Server.

Have fun using it.

Sorry for the delay.

The latest version Blynk_Esp8266AT_WM Library v1.1.0 restores the support for Teensy using ESP8266/ESP32-AT command shields. You have to use Teensy core v1.51 in order to be able to open Config Portal.

The library currently supports multi-WiFi Credentials and auto-reconnection to WiFi as well as Blynk Server.

Have fun using it.

Thanks! I've just installed an older version of Arduino and Teensy core 1.51. I'm getting this error - do I need to make changes for my Teensy 3.5?:

HTML:
C:\arduino-1.8.11-windows\arduino-1.8.11\portable\sketchbook\libraries\Blynk_Esp8266AT_WM\src/BlynkSimpleShieldEsp8266_Teensy_WM.h:1817:36: error: 'HW_OCOTP_MAC0' was not declared in this scope

String hardwareID = String(HW_OCOTP_MAC0, HEX);

^

Error compiling for board Teensy 3.5.

Thanks.

I forgot that you're using Teensy 3.x, and just made the code for Teensy 4.x

Will add Teensy 3.x support within today.

I'll be so happy to move my blynx projects to the teensy! I've had to use a esp device as a front end to the teensy and I must say I'm not really a fan of them, so thank you!

Hi @mikeleslie

Thanks for your interest in the Blynk_Esp8266AT_WM Library.

Thru the experience of making several libraries to support ESP8266/ESP32-AT command shields, I don't like those shields at all (speed, buffer limitation, reliability, etc), and still suggest to use them as the last resort. There are some better options to use, such as Ethernet, NativeEthernet for Teensy 4.1, WiFiNINA as in Teensy-4-1-WiFi-(Howto), ESP32 via SPI.

You can check these libraries currently support those networking shields

1. EthernetWebServer supporting W5x00, ENC28J60 and NativeEthernet
2. WiFiWebServer supporting WiFiNINA as well as ESP8266/ESP32-AT command shields
3. ESP8266_AT_WebServer supporting only ESP8266/ESP32-AT command shields

and for Blynk-related function

1. BlynkEthernet_WM
2. Blynk_WiFiNINA_WM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back