Flash firmware via UART?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimsy

Hi there.

I'm using a Teensy 4.0 for a robotics project I'm working on and I'm wondering if it's possible to reflash the device using a Raspberry Pi which has it's UART connected to Serial1 on the Teensy? I'd like to be able to update the firmware as part of the release cycle on the Raspberry Pi. Failing that, given that the Pi and the Teensy are sharing the same 5V source, would that cause any issues with VUSB if I were to connect the Teensy to the Pi over USB (I'd rather avoid this if possible).

Thanks.

As implied by the other two answers, the Teensy is setup to only be reprogrammed by USB.

There have been a few threads of having special code in your Teensy, to download over the air, I believe using a Serial port, and then running special code to program the Teensy, but I don't remember how reliable they were, and it was always use at your own risk.

At times with Robot, I do run an RPI with a Teensy plugged into it over USB and never have run into issues. Some of the time I have in addition had the Teensy also connected to the UART of the RPI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back