Need help for my ILI9341 project, need font char byte for byte

Status
Not open for further replies.

sepp89117

Hello,

i am working on a library for an ILI9341 which is based on a different principle than the known libraries.
The basic principle is that the entire screen to be displayed is designed first and only then drawn as a whole.
The advantage is that you can work with layers that are placed on top of each other.

So far it works fine. However, I have a problem drawing the fonts in the screen array.
Please can you show me how to get a FontChar as a byte array, or a char array in font as a byte array?

Many thanks in advance!

Have you tried my ILI9341_t3n library? (https://github.com/KurtE/ILI9341_t3n)

Assuming again you are using a Teensy and one with enough memory (T3.5, 3.6, T4), you have the ability to use a frame buffer...
Code:
tft.useFrameBuffer(1);
<do all of your drawing primitieves>
tft.updateScreen();

The update screen can be setup once to do this... Also has the ability to do the update using DMA (async)
tft.updateScreenAsync();

Can turn on continuous DMA update updateScreenAsync(true); But as implied, it will update with whatever is in the frame buffer at the time...

The code is setup to now handle three different types of fonts (built in, ILI9341 fonts originally setup for ILI9341_t3 library, and GFX fonts) in both transparent and opaque drawing.
Note: GFX font stuff gets tricky as font character drawing may overlap their boundaries.

Hi, thanks for the quick response! I use a Teensy 4.0. Memory size shouldn't be the problem.
Unfortunately I have not seen your lib yet. I will now install and test it in my project (github.com/sepp89117/Opel-Astra-H-opc-CAN-Gauge).

Thank you!

Good work! Works well!
I already had a problem with the swap function with ILI9341_t3. I have to rename this to solve the problem (swap> swapp), also with ILI9341_t3n.
I increased the speed in my project from about 12fps to about 29fps. I have
Code:
#define ILI9341_SPICLOCK 30000000u
to
Code:
#define ILI9341_SPICLOCK 115e6
changed.

I wrote a routine today to display an image rotated. If you are interested, look at https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/ILI9341_t3/pull/55

I am looking forward to a reply :)
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back