Teensy 4.0 how to persist data, how to connect serial

Status
Not open for further replies.

McTime

I'm quite new to the Teensy world, running a 4.0 and the audio shield. I realize many things are different from the chips I'm used to use (Microchip, MSP, XMC4000 etc), so many things I could not answer by crawling the forum - so please help.

First, I need to store some configuration data - less than a 100Byte - and wondered if theres is any built-in capability? Like EEPROM, SerialFlash (btw, how to access the on-board W25Q16-chip?) Not sure if I really need to spend an SD card for this.

Second, I'm looking for an 3.3V adaptor to RS232. I used to smash an x232-IC on a board when needed, but they are all 5V. Any suggestions?

Looking at the many interesting pins on the bottom side of the board, I wonder how those are supposed to get attached to the circuitry. Solder? Pogo-pins? if so, are there any recommendations?

First, I need to store some configuration data - less than a 100Byte - and wondered if theres is any built-in capability?

Yes, using the EEPROM library. In Arduino click File > Examples > EEPROM to get started.

The top 64K of the flash memory is used to emulate 1080 bytes of EEPROM, so you'll be using about 10% of the possible storage.

Damn! My Teensy seems to be dead. I happened to make a short between the 5V and GND pins briefly (my fault of course) while measuring. USB-port immediately shut off power.
Pressing the PROG-Button seems to bring back the Bootloader- red LED lights up and shows repetitive low flickers.
Any idea, or time to go shopping a new one?

Hmm, pulled the Teensy out of the pin headers, back in - back to life! Some self-healing fuses? At least I'm happy for now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back