Teensy 4 and PropShield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I to connect audio output pins #2, #6, #7 or #9 from T4 to PropShield's AudioIn pin?

No. The PropShield has analog audio output using the Teensy 3.2's DAC (digital -> analog converter, A14) pin. The Teensy 4.0 does not have a DAC pin. The audio support in the Teensy 4.0 is all digital (I2S), which the prop shield does not support.

The nearest the Teensy 4.0 has to analog audio output is the MQS support, which uses pins 10 and 12 for the right/left channels respectively. You could hook one of the channels to the audio output pin, assuming you are not using SPI (including accessing the SPI flash memory on the prop shield) and switch the audio code to use MQS.

Or you could also add one of the I2S -> mono boards that includes an amplifier using pins 7, 20, and 21 and I2S or pins 2, 3, 4 and I2S2:

Will the propshield LC work with the Teensy 4.0 for playing polyphonic audio out? I think not?
Any work around suggestions with a wiring diagram would be highly appreciated to get this working similar to (PropShield LC + Teensy 3.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back