Preview

Projectitis

Recognise anyone :p
characters-1.png

Hehe, yeah they are more minor characters, and pretty hard to pick out when they're less than 16px tall :) - Prof. Calculus, and Allan (a bad guy).

scene-1.png

Last edited:
Thanks! Yes, they're mine. I'm just a dabbler in pixel art as well (painting and sketching is more my thing).
I'm creating an adventure game engine on Teensy, and the aim is that this is the test game. An iconic scene from "The crab with the golden claws".
The display engine is a mix between vector, sprite and overlaid effects, like lighting. This is just a still (Photoshop) that I'm hoping to re-create in the engine.
The engine supports pixel up-scaling, so the display is 320x240 but each pixel is 4x4. That means it uses a 80x60 pixel screenbuffer, using only 10k RAM instead of 154k RAM.

Hmm. I just learned that the Tintin copyright holders are extremely aggressive with their cease and desist/take downs of anything unauthorised to do with Tintin. Even fan games :( That means I’ll likely not be including this Tintin scene as the demo game with my lib! I bit sad :(

Back