Is it possible to have a high resolution FFT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I understand you correctly, that is not going to work. I haven't used an Si5351 but I don't see how you use a frequency from the Teensy to "tune" the Si5351. The Si5351 is a clock generator, not a frequency synthesizer.
You would be a lot better off implementing the encoding of the WSPR digital signal directly in the Teensy and then use that to drive a synthesizer chip.

I have generated JT65 signals with a Teensy++2 and a DDS-60 which uses an AD9851 synthesizer to transmit on 40 metres. I've also implemented FT4 audio encoding in a Teensy. Neither of those is a trivial thing to do but they are a whole lot easier than trying to make the Teensy discriminate between four tones which are separated by 1.4648 Hz and then somehow use that to drive a synthesizer.

Pete

I am working odf experience using the SI5351 for standalone WSPR. I would be using the Teensy and the Si5351 arduino library to set the frequency. https://github.com/etherkit/JTEncode/blob/master/examples/Si5351JTDemo/Si5351JTDemo.ino shows an example of someone's program for directly sending from the arduino using the SI5351.

I could just skip all this and wait until I have enough money to actually afford a HF radio (or build one) but this seemed like a fun project to try and work on.

I stand corrected. I hadn't expected that I2C would allow sufficient control to maintain the symbol timing.
You would certainly be better off using the encoder to generate the WSPR signal.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back