Teensy 3.5 question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone please point me in the right directions. Looking for a software or a program that I can copy the program or code from my Teensy 3.5 to another board. I guess this can be done? I am new at this and just thought someone could help me.

Thank you

Paul can you point me In the direction to getting better on writing the code for the Teensy 3.5. Is there anyone that you can pay or hire to write the code?

Thanks for getting back to me. Question. Can you recommend a good site to learn the Teensy code language? Also is there any sites or people that write code? I have a working teensy 3.5 and have all the info I need. Pretty much plays wav flies or sounds from a mini as card. Key fob buttons select the sound to be played. My mini SD card has the sounds and you can edit the txt file to select different sounds. If you can help answer this would appreciate it. Seems looking in the forums you know your stuff. Thank you Phil.

There's no "Teensy code language". Learn C++. The tutorials at Arduino.cc will get you started but there's a lot of C++ that they don't tell you about. Fortunately for most of the things you might want to do with an Arduino or Teensy, you don't need that level of detail.

Thank you for getting back to me a answer. Will take a deeper look on the sites to see what I can find. So I guess doing a code or program to just load WAV files will not be that hard then. Will see what I can find out.

As noted the language supported by Arduino IDE is C/C++. For libraries of devices in use there are typically installed 'File / Examples' for that library.

Working with those will show typically simple programming needed to utilize the library.

Above WAV files are mentioned - if the Teensy Audio board is in use - there is an extensive set of examples and documentation for that major work. Including a PDF and accompanying video working through it that touches on many common use details linked on the Audio page on pjrc.com

So I guess doing a code or program to just load WAV files will not be that hard then.

Check out this 31 page audio library tutorial. It coves a *lot* of audio stuff beyond just playing files, but the first parts are all about playing WAV files. :)

https://www.pjrc.com/store/audio_tutorial_kit.html

If you get stuck, scroll down for a full walkthrough video where you can watch me & Alysia demo every step.

And as a general piece of advice about asking tech questions... If you tell us more about what you're really trying to accomplish, we can help you much more. Your earlier questions didn't mention wanting to play WAV files, so only very generic answers were possible. The more we can understand your needs, the better we can answer. It's always worthwhile to spends a few extra minutes on your question to give us that sort of context, so we can actually understand your needs.

Paul. I have some sound clips on a
Mini SD card. The card has several folders and each folder there are sound clips. The Teensy will be attached to a speaker for sound. Also wanted to do a key fob with four buttons. Each button would play a different sound or random clips. I have a working Teensy 3.5 and wanted to try to copy it. Had the code at one time and no longer have it. So if I look under the Audio area I may find something to help me get started again, been a while playing with C.

Paul, I download the Arduino infomation, unzip to my drive and made a folder, under the examples I am not really finding a audio folder for examples. Maybe I did not download the correct Arduino file. I did watch your great video and also the PDF file to look over.

I can post more specs of what I am doing and maybe someone has had a project like this before that can point me in the right way.

Paul Just wanted to see if you had time to look over my last post. I can post more of what I am trying to do if this will help anyone that can help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back