Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Multiple teensys

Multiple teensys

Hello I have a project where I will need to run most likely 20 or more Teensys. A combination of LC, 3.2 and 2.0++
    All have different sketches on them and they are not very big sketches. Right now the most I can get to work is 4.
    Anymore than that all the teensys stop working. I have a 16 port MTT usb hub (I believe its MTT), which is powered.

The Longest USB cable I have is 16ft. If anyone has any insight,I'm just trying to wrap my head around why more than
    4 won't work.

What is showing that : "more than 4 won't work"

Is that from the IDE or other? What OS? What version of IDE and TeensyDuino?

I have never tried a Teensy 2.x - but for multiple T_3.x. LC, 4.0 I use TyCommander [formerly TyQt] - maybe as many as 4 or so - never that many though.

Hello, sorry for late response. It ended up being a bandwidth problem. Also a usb hub which turns out
    to not be multi TT. I added another hub and now I have up to 7 teensy's working fine. This is a project
    using X-Plane 11. With the teensy plugin I am able to see direct communication with Teensys to X Plane.
    Using windows 10, Arduino version 1.8.9, and teensyduino 1.49.

Quote Originally Posted by 757 View Post
    Hello, sorry for late response. It ended up being a bandwidth problem. Also a usb hub which turns out
    to not be multi TT. I added another hub and now I have up to 7 teensy's working fine. This is a project
    using X-Plane 11. With the teensy plugin I am able to see direct communication with Teensys to X Plane.
    Using windows 10, Arduino version 1.8.9, and teensyduino 1.49.
    What USB hub did you end up ordering?

I ended up getting a couple of hubs from UUGEAR 7 port MTT hub as well as one from OVERHUB 7port MTT