Teensy 3.6+OBD II+Arduino ide software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
I want to get vehicle canbus data such as engine rpm,throttle position,temp etc.., by using teensy 3.6 board coding by arduino ide software(teensyduino) and obdII cable to connect car and after getting the data i need yo publish to raspberry pi 4 through ros system...so, how i proceed with my project and what all the components need to buy..any suggestion?
Thanks in advance!

Thanks and one more question..is it possible to make TCP connection to ros system...because the data coming from can should be send to raspberry pi 4...so i need to publish the message coming to teensy send to raspberry pi 4 by using Tcp connection(using ROS as middleware)

yes both are same...this is my new account....my old account is not logging in..i don't know, i think there was some issue.....so i opened new account

Why don't you just use PiCAN 2 or something similar to communicate with CAN directly from the RasPi?

What's your end goal with this project? Is it for data logging, realtime display or just interested to learn how it works?

This is my thesis project....My project is Building a Telemetry unit for Automotive Application using
open robotics platform as Middleware..It is a data logging..The company reauirement is to use this teensy 3.6 to get data from obdII then send to Raspberry pi 4 through ros system..Now we are two students working on this.. My main work towards this project follow as,

Teensy with OBD2:
The task is to connect the teensy 3.6 to the OBDII port to reads basic parameters
and more data’s coming from the vehicle with the help of using Arduino ide
software to publish the message to ros for further processing with Raspberry pi 4

Teensy with LIDAR Sensor:
To connect the teensy 3.6 to the LIDAR Sensor to reads the range data coming from
the vehicle with the help of using Arduino ide software.As usual, it needs to
publish the message to ROS System.

Teensy with Ultrasound Sensor:
Same as Lidar sensor

Publish to ROS:
The task is mainly to connect the teensy to Ros system to publish message to raspberry pi4

Note:may be possible for some changes

These are my works and after that the the other guy work with raspberry pi 4 to store the data

What is this ROS system?
The Teensy connects to the ROS - not to the Raspberry - correct?
So, some information about it would be useful..

actually the thing is Raspberry pi4 is considered to be master and teensy is client.......istalling ros packages into raspberry pi4 (writing subcriber/publisher node) and connect to the teensy through TCP/IP connection.....because using serial connection is be very slow(Getting data)...thats why thinking of ethernet connection...is it possible to use like this?

Just plug the Teensy into the Raspberry USB port.
It is full USB-speed - not slow serial.
You should read some documentation about the boards you want to use...

Everything else is overcomplicated.

Then, buy a odb-II <-> Serial adapter cable (about 10$) and you have the Hardware almost done.

Is this a school project?

yeah thats the easy way...but the thing is we are gonna use more than two teensy like one for can data,one for lidar sensor and one for ulltrasound sensor and all these will communicate with single raspberry Pi4 (for this serial communication won't work)...and the company wants to run this system in ROS environment...so that's the issue we are facing now and this is my master thesis project!

yeah thats the easy way...but the thing is we are gonna use more than two teensy like one for can data,one for lidar sensor and one for ulltrasound sensor and all these will communicate with single raspberry Pi4 (for this serial communication won't work)...and the company wants to run this system in ROS environment...so that's the issue we are facing now and this is my master thesis project!

Ok for a master degree you already know what to do, and which way is the best. If you think it's ethernet: OK.
Good luck and my best wishes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back