Teensyduino (Arduino 1.8.11) crashing a lot in MacOS Catalina 10.15.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

daspuru

Hi all!

I am migrating all my stuff to a new macbook, which have the latest OS, however as I downloaded the new Teensyduino which now is a package which includes the application, while I try to change from one window to the other, or change the Board for my sketch, the application just crashes and crashes.

As the title states, these are my versions:

Teensyduino (Arduino 1.8.11) in MacOS Catalina 10.15.2

Anyone having this experience or the admins have a suggestion or workaround?

Thanks!

Please give 1.51-beta1 using Arduino 1.8.12 a try.

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/59566-Teensyduino-1-51-Beta-1

It is any better?

Thanks Paul I cleaned the Arduino15 of the Appplication Support directory under Library directory, and the Arduino in home directory, uninstalled Arduino, and then only installed Teensyduino from the beta link you kindly send. It seems more stable as I was able to select the board, compile and upload :D . It crashes from time to time in some operations, like opening the library manager and at pressing compile, however I am able to compile and feels much better. I will try to report the bugs for you to be able to fix them.

My best regards.

Daniel

I

It never crashes on my Macbook Air.

While I don't want to deny the possibility of software bugs, if you're seeing so much crashing with regular use (the Java runtime does create quite a CPU load a times), there's a strong possibility something my be wrong with your Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back