IOT Automotive Fuse Box Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary01

good day

I am trying to use the teensy 3.5 or 3.6 to create an Automotive/machine fuse box monitor. All it must do is to read the status of 12 fuses and signal what fuse is blown. how would i accomplish this with a teensy board? they are 12/24v fuses. I know its an open-closed circuit but i am stuped on how to accomplish this in real life.

I also need to read the values of a VDO oil pressure MEter and VDO water Temp Meter, both are analog.

As always your assistace is valued.

Thank you Gary

Last edited:
good day

I am trying to use the teensy 3.5 or 3.6 to create an Automotive/machine fuse box monitor. All it must do is to read the status of 12 fuses and signal what fuse is blown. how would i accomplish this with a teensy board? they are 12/24v fuses. I know its an open-closed circuit but i am stuped on how to accomplish this in real life.

I also need to read the values of a VDO oil pressure MEter and VDO water Temp Meter, both are analog.

As always your assistace is valued.

Thank you Gary

Just for any one else, I managed to solve the fuse box issue by using a 2k resistor and a 3.3v Zener Diode. wired after the fuse to a digital pin. If pin High. Fuse is ok, if low then fuse is blown.

I am still trying to figure out the VDO oil pressure sensor and Temp Sensor. any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back