Teensy 4.0 on MacOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

D1Duck

Hey,

I`m trying to get my teensy to work with Teensyduino. I`m using MacOS 10.15.3. I`ve installed the Teensyduino from PRC website, I although installed and run the Teensy-App. When I connect my Teensy (4.0) to my computer the orange LED is blinking, now I pressed the button as told in the Teensy-App, after doing this it stops blinking and the red led next to 3.3V is lighting up, so if I got it right the Teensy should be in Writing-Mode, now? But it`s not recognized by the Teensy app or Teensyduino.

Is there anything else to install, other than Teensyduino and Teensy-App?

Or is there any other step I forgot?

We've seen this problem many times. It almost always turns out to be a charge-only USB cable.

Get another known-good USB cable.

Yup, we've heard this over and over on this forum - tried 2, 3, 4, even 5 different short cables - all of them without data wires!

Those charge-only cables tend to accumulate in people's spare cable boxes. If you have several which are all short cables, odds are high that all of them are charge-only.

Buy or borrow a known-good cable.

Hmm I got one from my neighbor and now it works, so it seems all my cables are charging only.
Thanks for your quick response.

Alternately, on your Mac you can click the Apple menu and "About This Mac". Then click "System Report" and click "USB" in the left column. It will show a list of all USB devices connected to your Mac. This window doesn't auto-refesh like the Windows Device Manager, so remember to click File > Refresh Information.

If you don't see any device appear in that list after you plug in Teensy and click Refresh Information, that's a sure sign you have a charge-only cable.

Those cables are incredibly common. We get this questions regularly. Many times people report trying several cables which were left over from other products, only to learn they were all charge-only. It's a very common problem.

The good news is the solution is so simple - just get a good cable.

...and please, if you post duplicate copies of this question on other sites, link to this forum thread. Think of other people who will later find your unanswered question on another site. That's very frustrating when someone else is going through this. Please be considerate to others and link them to the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back